12.15.2006

Ava Thursday: Girl singing

Ava Thursday: Girl singing

Found in a little notebook that Ava sometimes carries around with her. I think she drew this cute girl belting out some notes while riding in the car several weeks ago. I thought this was Ava herself, but no, Ava tells me it's just "some girl singing."

I love this drawing so much I just had to do a color version:
Ava (and Ward) Thursday: Girl singing (in color!)


I showed this to Ava this morning and I'm happy to report that she approved. (I'm not going to lie -- I was kinda nervous in showing her this. Wasn't sure what she'd think.)

I love the expression on the girl's face as she sings, the positions of her arms and turned up leg. I love the little notes coming out on the side and I love how she's drawn the dress, hair, arms, fingers, nose, eyelashes, o-shaped mouth, etc. It's a small drawing, but it's gold to me.

6 comments:

  1. No offense - normally I find the Ava stuff too cloying, but this is really cute! You fleshed out the drawing incredibly well. Maybe it's a sign of more collaborations to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool...I like how the clouds look like chalk. BTW, nice grail styling in your earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you would show me how to do that stuff! Maybe you could write a tutorial for all of us homeschool mothers out here who just worship our lovely artistic children's artwork and want to digitize it. ???? Just a thought... "It's good to want things", right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are adorable! oh + the drawing too

    ReplyDelete
  5. love ava's drawing. do people pay you to create images? i am an elem music teacher. i'd like to pay for two images that i need.

    ReplyDelete